How do I use Boveda for an acoustic guitar?
Start by ordering the Boveda Large Starter Kit to use for your acoustic guitar. The Boveda Large Starter Kit comes with everything you need to maintain the perfect humidity balance for months in your instrument case.
How to use Boveda in your guitar case to control humidity:
- Remove the plastic overwrap from the Boveda that came in your Boveda Large Starter Kit. (Do not open the brown Boveda packet itself.)
- Just slip unwrapped Boveda into the pouch(es) of its leak-resistant fabric holder(s).
- Place in the case according to the diagram below for hollow and semi-hollow guitar bodies, then close the instrument lid. Always keep your case closed when using Boveda.
Where to Put Boveda In a Guitar Case:
Notes: Do not mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case. And do not use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
Before placing in an instrument case, always insert Boveda into a pouch within its leak-resistant holder. The Boveda fabric holder is designed to use with instruments:
- The interior of the holder is coated with a polymer that lets water vapor in and out, but doesn’t allow liquids to pass through.
- The exterior is fabric that’s soft like a polishing cloth, so it won’t scratch an instrument.
- The fabric and the polymer are heat sealed together to create a hermetic seal of the two materials.