Boveda the original terpene shield™
When you place Boveda’s patented 2-way humidity control inside your cannabis/hemp container, Boveda begins to work right away. Immediacy is a priority—because when terps are at risk, there’s not a moment to lose.
The all-natural salt and water solution starts to regulate the relative humidity inside your container and creates a monolayer shield of purified water over the trichome.
All the essential elements responsible for the cannabis/hemp experience, including terpenes and cannabinoids, are housed in the trichome. And the terpenes found therein are essential to the desired smell and effect in cannabis and hemp.
Boveda’s patented packaging allows only purified water released into the container. Only this vigilant humidity shield can protect the terpenes from evaporation that can occur in the cannabis curing process.
Boveda Protects from Cure to Consumption
That cannabis aroma you love? Give props to drying and curing. It’s during these finishing stages that cannabis and hemp mature. The smell gets better and becomes more potent. But more importantly, properly curing cannabis reduces its harshness.
Once it’s dried, you can prevent flower from accidentally overdrying while it cures by storing cannabis and hemp buds in airtight containers, like jars. Periodically, the jars are “burped” over 14 to 60 days. Opening and closing the lids lets gas out and allows fresh oxygen to enter to regulate the humidity.
Burping cannabis containers isn’t necessary when you use Boveda. Boveda works automatically to regulate moisture to achieve and maintain the precise relative humidity (RH) that’s printed on the pack—even if flower was dried below the intended humidity level, or was not dried enough.
While in the airtight containers, cannabis/hemp continues to age for days or weeks. Internal chemical processes take place that transform the fresh cut plant material into a fully developed product ready for consumption. Even in tightly sealed airtight containers, cannabis/hemp will lose over 40% of terpenes—the aroma, flavor and effect users love—if left unprotected.
Only Boveda creates a shield over the trichome to protect the terpenes from evaporation. The shield also preserves the fragrant aroma until it’s released when the consumer grinds and uses the cannabis/hemp. Because of the terpene shield, the earthy perfume is more potent and the experience stronger. You’ll also discover that the feel and texture of your bud is improved with Boveda.
Precise humidity helps cannabis “squish” to the touch and create a new desired experience.
94% Prefer The Terpene Shield
94% of consumers who tried a side-by-side test of cannabis stored with and without Boveda, chose bud protected by Boveda. We’re still working on the other 6%—we’re confident our product will make them eventual believers.
See, most consumers are unaware of the time their cannabis sits in packaging or storage containers. The cannabis industry averages at least five weeks between cutting and sale. During those five weeks, terpenes will continue to evaporate even in an airtight container until that unprotected cannabis is sold and consumed.
3 Things You Should Know About Using Boveda
When you check your cannabis, check your Boveda. Brand new Boveda is soft. When you start to feel hard spots, it’s time to replace your packs. DON’T WAIT until Boveda turns into a solid wafer, that means it’s completely dry.
It’s perfectly ok to use more than the recommended number of humidity control packs for the amount of cannabis you’re storing. Dry climates, season changes and very leaky storage containers might require you to routinely use more Boveda.
If your Boveda lasts 2 months or less, it’s working extra hard to keep the environment stable. Make sure the lids are securely closed on your totes, jars and containers. If storing flower in a bag, keep it tightly sealed.
What is inside Boveda?
Each Boveda consists of a specially prepared saturated solution of pure water and natural salts. This saturated solution is contained within a patented water-vapor permeable “reverse osmosis” membrane.
Boveda humidity packs provide the cleanest and most purified humidity of all other products available on the market today.
All Boveda products are maintenance free and require no activation.
Ready To Buy?
Explore our best sellers
Bowls and blunts for all! Hang on to flower’s terps in small jars and bags. Choose 58% or 62% RH. Sold as a package of 10.
Terps saved + more than enough hemp to go around. Right size for smaller containers and bags and pre-roll tins. Choose 58% or 62% RH. Sold as a package of 20.
Terpene shield for home grown harvests and a greater amount of green in jars, bags and 2 Liter CVault® containers. Choose 58% or 62% RH. Sold in multiple quantity packages to meet your needs.
Smallest Boveda saves the terps for daily doses of cannabis and pre-rolls in tins, vials and small containers. Choose 58% or 62% RH. Sold as a package of 20.