3 STEPS TO PROTECT
Place Boveda in your humidor right on top of your cigars or use a Boveda Holder. If your Boveda is wrapped in a clear overwrap, remove the overwrap first before putting Boveda in your humidor. Boveda is FDA approved food safe.
Boveda will begin working immediately to precisely stabilize the humidity levels in the humidor.
Know with confidence that your collection is protected. Enjoy the perfect smoke, every time.
You Can Never Use Too Many Boveda
If you put too many Boveda in your humidor or buy a size bigger than your needs, no worries. The more Boveda you use, the longer it will last. Just do not use different RHs at the same time in your humidor.
3 Things You Should Know About Using Boveda
When Boveda is completely dry, it will turn into a solid wafer. You’ll want to replace them right before the point when there are only a few spots left.
Adding more than the minimum amount of humidity control packs as recommended by Boveda is perfectly ok, and in some cases, even required when factoring dry climates, seasonality, or very leaky storage containers.
If your Boveda is being depleted quickly (less than 2 months) then you know that Boveda is working extra hard to keep that environment stable. The solution is to verify that your humidor doesn’t need to be re-seasoned, or to add more Boveda packs.
Boveda makes it effortless.
Boveda’s patented 2-way humidity control continually responds to ambient conditions by adding or removing moisture to affect the enclosed environment and deliver the predetermined RH (relative humidity) level printed on the pack.
What is inside Boveda?
Each Boveda consists of a specially prepared saturated solution of pure water and natural salts. This saturated solution is contained within a patented water-vapor permeable “reverse osmosis” membrane.
Boveda humidity packs provide the cleanest and most purified humidity of all other products available on the market today.
All Boveda products are maintenance-free and require no activation.
Learn More About Cigar Protection
Short list of Tobacco FAQsSee All Tobacco FAQs
- Don’t mix RH levels within the same humidor.
- Don’t use Boveda in the same humidor with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
- It’s common that the actual RH of your humidor will stabilize up to 5 points lower than the Boveda RH you’re using because of humidor quality and ambient dryness. All Boveda are accurate to +/- 1% of the RH printed on the pack in an airtight environment. Ideal RH for cigars can range from 60%-72% depending on your cigar inventory.
Watch this video to learn more about which RH is right for your humidor.
|65%||CUBAN CIGARS||Tightly bound and tend to mold at a higher RH level|
|69%||AIRTIGHT HUMIDORS||Most popular|
|72%||MOST HUMIDORS||Such as wood, glass top, or travel|
|75%||DRAFTY HUMIDORS||Recommended for very dry climates-use at your descretion|
|84%||HUMIDOR SEASONING||Only use to pre-condition a wooden humidor WITHOUT cigars in it|
|Tightly bound and tend to mold at a higher RH level|
|Such as wood, glass top, or travel|
|Recommended for very dry climates-use at your descretion|
|Only use to pre-condition a wooden humidor WITHOUT cigars in it|
Store Boveda in a dry place at room temperature. A new pack has a two-year shelf life in its original packaging.If you bought an individual Boveda pack, it is sealed inside a clear protective overwrap. Don’t remove the overwrap until you’re ready to use each Boveda. If you ordered a multi-pack of Boveda, these unwrapped Boveda were shipped in a resealable bag. After you remove a Boveda, gently squeeze out any excess air from the top of the bag before carefully re-zipping or refolding it closed every time. If you already discarded the original packaging, no worries. Simply store your Boveda in an airtight container that has a strong moisture seal, like a Tupperware® or Ziploc® container. Everyone’s got some of those.
- Using the Boveda One-Step Hygrometer Calibration Kit, place your hygrometer inside the bag and close the seal.
- Let the hygrometer sit in the Calibration Kit for at least 24 hours at room temperature (65 to 75°F/19.5 to 23.5°C).
- Your hygrometer should read the same RH% level stated on the kit (either 32% or 75%). It’s possible that there’s a slight difference—just note it for future readings. If your hygrometer is adjustable, make the adjustment. Reusing the kit, recalibrate the hygrometer to make sure this new reading is accurate.
- Hardening at its corners
- Soft spots among some hard areas
- Rock solid all the way through (Don’t wait until Boveda gets rock hard before you replace it, you might start to lose those precious terps.)
- Let it warm up to room temperature and repeat the touch test.
- If your Boveda is now pliable and it feels like thick jelly or dense clay, Boveda is still working—the temperature change won’t impact the performance, effectiveness or shelf life of the 2-way humidity control.