Introducing the Boveda Closure
Continuing its rich history of raising the bar for cannabis packaging, Boveda is proud to present the revolutionary Boveda Closure, an integrated cap that will boost efficiency, improve operations, and most importantly, protect flower from terpene evaporation and degradation.
Precise 2-Way Humidity Control Preserves Cannabis Quality and Consistency
KEEP CANNABIS FRESH, EASILY
The fully integrated Boveda Closure provides a convenient one-piece cannabis packaging solution to build quality and efficiency into tedious packaging activities. Now available in a conveniently threaded jar cap, the closure features 4 grams of Boveda’s saltwater cannabis preservation formula securely embedded in the lid.
The Boveda Closure deploys the same advanced technology as the 62% Relative Humidity (RH) Original Terpene Shield™ packets, but in an integrated cap for a range of plastic and glass jars. An all-natural, saturated salt solution ensures cannabis flower is optimally stored between 55-65% Relative Humidity (RH). Maintaining this stable environment protects against trichome damage, terpene loss, overdrying and mold—factors that affect your brand’s reputation and bottom line.
WHY PACKAGE CANNABIS WITH THE BOVEDA CLOSURE
The Boveda Closure is compatible with a wide variety of plastic and glass jars that have the same matching neck specification. The diameter (finish) is 53mm, and is made of opaque, BPA-free, recyclable polypropylene (#5).
- Patented cap includes 4 grams of Boveda’s most popular cannabis-specific solution to maintain precise 62% RH
- Tangible brand differentiation with a unique lid and Boveda build right in
- Consistency that protects your brand reputation and the strength, flavor and aroma of your flower
- Jar cap threads onto the majority of plastic bottles and jars with a 53-400 finish.
- Available for 1 gram, 3.5 gram, and 7 gram jars
- Protects up to 1/2 ounce (15 grams) of flower
- Quickly achieves and maintains precise 62% humidity control with proprietary all-natural saturated salt solution embedded in the lid
- Preserves terpenes and other volatiles
- Child Resistant (CR)
- Senior Friendly
- Composed of FDA compliant and ASTM-tested materials
- The plastic chamber and closure are manufactured in a cGMP environment
- Passes all Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) testing
- Eliminate the risk of lost water weight from over-dry flower
- Designed to integrate with packaging production lines, saving time in high volume operations
- Made with post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) PET and PCR HDPE plastic to reduce carbon footprint
I’d Like to Hear More About the Boveda Closure
BOVEDA CLOSURE FAQs
The Boveda Closure was designed for wholesale purchase by cannabis retailers, growers, distributors, etc. In order to purchase the closure, you’ll submit a wholesale application and upon approval be able to purchase. If you have already been approved, the closure is available for purchase on our wholesale site or through your sales representative.
It does not have a humidity pack inside, but our patented 2-way humidity control solution is threaded into the cap. This allows for seamless, no-hassle cannabis packaging.
Using our patented saltwater 2-way humidity control solution, the Boveda closure does preserve terpenes. This will ensure that your cannabis tastes, feels, and smokes perfectly when it gets into consumers hands.
The Boveda closure achieves a happy medium and preserves your cannabis between 55-65% RH. Maintaining this stable environment protects against trichome damage, terpene loss, overdrying and mold; factors that affect your brand’s reputation and bottom line.
The Boveda Closure is purposefully sold in two solid, plain colors: black and white. These 2 colors comply with cannabis packaging regulations of most states, and are easily customizable.
The flat-topped exteriors are non-branded, so a cannabis company can affix its own logo stickers post-purchase. Available in either black or white, the closure provides a neutral backdrop to a cannabis brand’s identity.
Yes, the Boveda closure is child-proof. This child-proof cannabis package design complies with the cannabis packaging regulations of most states.
The Boveda Closure is currently available for purchase in the following sizes:
- 1 Gram of Cannabis
- 3.5 Grams of Cannabis
- 7 Grams of Cannabis
It’s your choice. You can buy the closure separate from the jar or the jar and closure together as a set.
Typically, all cannabis must be packaged in a child-proof container. However, this information does vary from state to state.
You can if your cannabis is excessively moist; however, a silica packet is merely a drying agent. It cannot prevent cannabis from overly drying out.
To guarantee cannabis stays between 55% and 65% RH—the safe zone for flower—use 2-way humidity control technology, which is directly embedded into the cap.