How do I use the Boveda Directional Fabric Holder with my instrument?
You can use the Boveda Directional Humidity Control Kit:
- On its own while displaying an instrument
- In an instrument case with the Boveda Starter Kit
Where to start:
- Remove Boveda’s plastic wrapper. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- Just slip unwrapped Boveda into the pouch of its protective fabric holder.
- Fold over the top of pouch and secure the locking strip that keeps Boveda in place.
- Use strap to securely hold Boveda over the instrument’s sound hole, bridge, neck joint, etc.
Always insert Boveda into a pouch of a Boveda fabric holder before placing in an instrument case. The fabric holder allows Boveda to last longer and work better and acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured.
Do not mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case. And do not use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
Use one (1) Directional Humidity Control Kit with one (1) Boveda 49% RH Standard pack (included). If needed, the directional fabric pouch can also hold 2 Boveda 49% RH Standard packs.
Each Boveda in the Directional Humidity Control Kit is individually overwrapped.
Boveda will last 2-6 months depending on the time of year, your climate and your case. Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your instrument.
Boveda is still working if you feel: • Hardening at its corners • Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if: • The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.