For growers, the art of storing cannabis lies in:
- Achieving the right amount of moisture that surrounds flower.
- Maintaining that perfect moisture level to preserve flower’s chemical compounds, keep her weight on and stave off mold.
WHY WORRY ABOUT TERPENES?
When flower degrades, terpenes evaporate and trichomes get brittle and break off and with them go her cannabinoids. And once all her chemical compounds are gone, you can’t get them back.
Cannabis Terpenes are a tell-tale sign if your flower is fresh or not. Some believe cannabis buds should have a strong aroma when you open the bin or bag. Truth is, when dried buds retain good water content—between 11 and 12%— the less they give off a strong scent. Knowing how to save terpenes is essential for keeping your flower fresh.
SAVE TERPS, SHIELD THEM IN MOISTURE—PURE, PRECISE MOISTURE, THAT IS
Moisture is the key to preserving your flower’s terpenes, potency and effects. The easiest way growers maintain a safe, precise moisture level is with a salt-based humidity packet, like Boveda.
According to an ASTM International Cannabis Standard recommendation:
Store flower with salt-based solutions.
SAFELY STORE YOUR CANNABIS INVENTORY FOR MONTHS. Boveda will last up to 4 months in an airtight container.
HOW BOVEDA WORKS
Just slip Boveda into your cannabis container to automatically add and/or absorb the precise amount moisture to keep flower from degrading or molding.
Boveda’s saltwater solution creates a monolayer shield that naturally coats the trichomes, preventing the degradation of THC and other cannabinoids. Unlike any other humidity control product, Boveda takes flower to the precise moisture level needed to create a monolayer of purified water molecules.
This shield prevents the evaporation of precious terpenes everywhere she’s packaged and stored—from cure to consumption. And Boveda works twice as fast as anything else, quickly adjusting to its environment in order to maintain this shield.
It’s when she’s ground that flower will release her smell and energy proving her precious terpenes have been perfectly preserved, not lost to evaporation.
ADDED BENEFIT OF USING BOVEDA IS SAFE, LONG-TERM STORAGE
Remember, the minute you put your dried buds into totes or bags, she’s degrading and losing water weight. So growers use Boveda to hang on to their inventory for months, then sell when supply is down and selling price is up.
With Boveda in every bin, you can age your flower while preserving her water weight then sell her when she’ll earn you the most money.
SEE WHAT’S GOING ON INSIDE BOVEDA WHEN IT’S IN WITH YOUR FLOWER (Pictured Above)
- Boveda releases pure water molecules that shield terpenes to prevent them from evaporating.
- The terpenes stay outside Boveda’s food-safe Kraft paper exterior (shown in tan).
- Only water molecules flow in and out as needed from Boveda’s patented membrane (shown in white).
- The blue layer depicts the salt-based solution of pure water and natural salts inside Boveda. The salts are the brains that know when to absorb and when to release the water molecules. The salts never leave the protective membrane.
You can use a larger size Boveda than the one recommended in the chart. Using a larger size or multiple number of the same size Boveda will make Boveda last longer. Remember Boveda will never over-humidify your flower. NOTE: Never mix RHs.
How to Store Cannabis with Boveda Download