How to Use Your Boveda Humidor Bag
The Boveda Humidor Bag is not your ordinary food bag. It’s an affordable airtight humidor that you can use for long-term and short-term cigar storage. It’s preloaded with Boveda 69% RH, which will protect your cigars for a year.
Ready to learn how and when to use your new favorite cigar accessory?
How to Open A Boveda Humidor Bag
The first time you open a new Boveda Humidor Bag can be tricky because of its protective interior heat seal.
If you have a medium or large humidor bag:
- Unzip the bag using the plastic zipper, which will reveal a heat seal.
- Apply firm pressure to pull the opening of the bag apart to break the heat seal. (It might feel like you’ll rip the bag, but you won’t. Just give it a really good tug.)
- Run your finger up and down to separate the rest of the opening. Add cigars.
If you have a small Boveda Humidor Bag:
- Look for a notch on either side of the top of the bag. Starting at a notch, tear off the top of the bag.
- Pull the opposing top edges apart.
- Open the bag. Insert cigars.
WHERE SHOULD YOU STORE A HUMIDOR BAG?
After you fill your Boveda Humidor Bag with sticks, store it wherever you usually store cigars. Because the bags are streamlined, you can take them with you on the go. Slip them into a carry-on, golf bag, breast pocket or ski boot bag—places a traditional humidor won’t easily fit.
How Long Does a Boveda Humidor Bag Last?
A lifetime. Even though it says “one year” on the front, the Boveda Humidor Bag is reusable. It’s the Boveda inside the humidor bag that expires after a year. When the Boveda that came with your humidor bag starts to get crunchy and rigid, then it’s time to replace the pack.
CAN YOU REUSE A BOVEDA HUMIDOR BAG?
Yes. Reuse your Boveda Humidor Bag by replacing the pack it came with with new Boveda 69% RH.
WHEN TO REPLACE BOVEDA
Your Boveda Humidor Bag arrives preloaded with Boveda 69% RH. When it’s new the Boveda will be soft. It should last a year, depending on its environment and how often you open and close the bag.
When you start to feel hard spots on the Boveda, it’s time to order replacements. DON’T WAIT until Boveda is completely solid before you replace the packs. To make sure you always have fresh Boveda on hand, set up your next order as an subscription to have replacements automatically sent to you when need them.
USE BOVEDA 69% RH TO RELOAD A HUMIDOR BAG
Refill the medium or large humidor bag with one Boveda Size 60. You can order a single pack. Or buy a 4 pack, 12 pack or 20 pack to use in other humidors.
Refill the small humidor bag with one Boveda Size 8, which is sold in a 10 pack. Use the extras in any 5-count travel humidor or cigar case.
Your Humidor Bag Is Versatile
MORE CIGAR FAQS
- Don’t mix RH levels within the same humidor.
- Don’t use Boveda in the same humidor with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
- It’s common that the actual RH of your humidor will stabilize up to 5 points lower than the Boveda RH you’re using because of humidor quality and ambient dryness. All Boveda are accurate to +/- 2% of the RH printed on the pack in an airtight environment. Ideal RH for cigars can range from 60%-72% depending on your cigar inventory.
Watch this video to learn more about which RH is right for your humidor.
|65%||CUBAN CIGARS||For tightly bound cigars that tend to mold at a higher RH level as well as aging most cigars|
|69%||AIRTIGHT HUMIDORS||Most popular—use in acrylic humidors, humidor bags, plastic travel humidors and tupperdors|
|72%||MOST HUMIDORS||Such as wood, glass-top and non-plastic travel humidors|
|75%||DRAFTY HUMIDORS||Also recommended for very dry climates and high altitudes—use at your discretion|
|84%||HUMIDOR SEASONING||Only use to pre-condition a wooden humidor WITHOUT cigars in it|
|Tightly bound and tend to mold at a higher RH level|
|Such as wood, glass top, or travel|
|Recommended for very dry climates-use at your descretion|
|Only use to pre-condition a wooden humidor WITHOUT cigars in it|
What’s Up With Your Passion?
Join the community
What are you passionate about?
Cigars smokers follow @bovedainc.
Cannabis and hemp lovers follow @bovedacannabis.
Musicians follow @bovedamusic.