How do I use Boveda to moisten reeds in a reed case?
See How to Moisten Reeds with Boveda
- Insert the unwrapped Boveda into a pocket or available open area inside the reed case.
- Close the lid, so Boveda can add or absorb moisture as needed to balance humidity in the reed case.
- Each Boveda will keep reeds moist for 60 days, depending on the time of year, your climate and the reed case.
WHEN TO REPLACE BOVEDA:
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your woodwind reeds.
Boveda is still working if you feel:
• Hardening at its corners
• Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if:
• The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.
BOVEDA SUBSCRIBE & SAVE! Learn more here.
- Never again leave your woodwind reeds high and dry—subscribe to get refills sent to you automatically
- 10% off your subscription order
- Free shipping within the continental U.S.A.
Try Boveda for Reeds for Day-Of Performances and Rehearsals
Try Boveda for Day-to-Day Woodwind Reed Storage