Confused by state-specific cannabis laws? Even herbal opinions differ from one U.S. federal agency to another. Educate yourself about the government complexities of cannabis. And the hiccups that can come with coast-to-coast legalization. (Mail order actually slowed the Canadian roll-out of legal adult-use of cannabis.)
Listen and learn:
- Which government agency is considered friendly to the hemp movement?
- Does a job in the cannabis industry affect application for U.S. citizenship?
- Which country is second to the United States in cannabis consumption?
“We saw a pivotal shift over the last couple of years.”
The Cannabis Catch-Up is sponsored by Boveda, the leader in two-way humidity control for buds. Subscribe to the Boveda Cannabis YouTube Channel. Or listen to Lance Lambert’s insights live every Monday at 4:20 pm EST on The Todd Shapiro Show (SiriusXM Channel 167).
“The FDA we know are friendlies [to the cannabis industry] but when dealing with immigration, it’s a different conversation.”
- The FDA is holding public cannabis hearings on the scientific and medicinal value of CBD. (16:42)
- Immigration authorities warned that working in the cannabis industry could be detrimental to those seeking citizenship in the U.S. (14:10)
- One argument against cannabis legalization that has proved untrue is an increase in automobile accidents. State legalization has neither increased nor decreased traffic fatalities, according to a study by a Kansas State University graduate student Andrew Young. (11:55)
WHAT THE U.S. CAN LEARN FROM OTHER COUNTRIES ABOUT EMBRACING CANNABIS
- Legal cannabis in Guam recently made headway. (1:00)
- Israeli scientists are leaders in worldwide cannabis research. (17:52)
- In Germany, use of medicinal cannabis is growing and is on par with U.S. cannabis consumption. (8:06)
- The UK’s GW Pharmaceuticals is the largest exporter of CBD. Its Epidiolex medication is the first FDA-approved medication derived from cannabis biomass. (18:31)
TIME magazine named GW Pharmaceuticals One of 50 Genius Companies for its work in advancing cannabinoid science.
“The Green Rush is bleeding over to other categories—it’s hot right now!”
- Kim Kardashian threw a CBD-themed baby shower. (CBD is beyond mainstream even though there still hasn’t been much testing on cannabis or CBD in the U.S. because the plant is still illegal at the federal level.) (4:20)
- Pantone’s Color of the Year in 2017 was GREENERY—coincidence? (In this episode, GREENERY was cited as the 2018 Pantone Color of the Year. That distinction went to ULTRA VIOLET. Cannasseurs, however, can still put their designs on UltraViolet OG for a dream-like euphoria and some much needed ZZZs.) (5:13)
“Greens help our heartbeat to slow down, help us to breathe and pull ourselves away from a world tied to flatscreens and immerse ourselves in the physical beauty of the natural world,” Laurie Pressman, vice president at the Pantone Color Institute, said in an article in The Washington Post.